[r-t] Ben Constant's Yorkshire Royal

Alan Barber delibaba at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 12:44:03 UTC 2009

It is always difficult to know if anyone has produced a composition before.  There is another very simple 2 part of Yorkshire Royal which I have called more than once, namely HWM2W2HW2H X 2.  This has at various times been ascribed to Frank Darby, Ken Lewis or even BYROC.  In actual fact it was published as a composition of Plain Bob Royal in a book entitled (if memory serves me correct) A Collection of Plain Bob Compositions published circa 1905 as the work of Edward Francis albeit ending with 3 homes.Ali