[r-t] Asymmetric Doubles

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Aug 6 11:28:53 UTC 2010

But all you need is a local dictionary, provided you know what you are talking about at the beginning of the conversation/touch/peal etc then it doesn't really matter what you call them. I once had a 1/4 composition of Bill & Benn surprise major in which the calls made in 14 were called flob-a-dobs and those made in 1234 callled weeds I think most people can cope with that!
From: ringing-theory-bounces at bellringers.net [ringing-theory-bounces at bellringers.net] On Behalf Of Matt Dawson [matt.dawson at cantab.net]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 12:22 PM
To: ringing-theory at bellringers.net
Subject: Re: [r-t] Asymmetric Doubles

> DJ: "Describing a call as a "123456" bob, or "123456" single, or whatever doesn't make a difference.  It's the descriptive "123456" bit which is unambiguous - it doesn't need an adjective associated with it."

In my opinion, it'd still be useful to have some sort of nomenclature
in this case, in order to avoid saying "two three four five six call"
repeatedly during the course of a conversation. I don't feel that this
needs to be prescribed by the CC, though.


ringing-theory mailing list
ringing-theory at bellringers.net

More information about the ringing-theory mailing list