[r-t] Viking D Royal [was Exhausted search spaces]

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Feb 7 21:23:22 UTC 2010

Don writes,

> On the other hand,
> besides the slightly less gentle start, it shifts some of the runs
> from 3456s/6543s to 2345s/5432s (and loses the pair of 1234s), and
> some folks prefer the former to the latter in royal.

That's not right, is it? My arrangement gains the 25346 coursing order
over yours, and with it appears to add, not lose, a total of eleven 6543
runs. In fact, I'm quite liking the new version!

Know what you mean about having the plain course first though. It's a
quandary for composers isn't it - on the one hand you want the band to
settle down as quickly as possible to enjoy as much of your composition
as they can, but on the other hand you don't want them to murder the
plain course will all the initial method-learning going on... ;-)