[r-t] Universality

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri May 28 01:47:39 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:
> That's a reasonable point, as you were only using them to illustrate the
> musical properties. I was only posing the question, not suggesting that the
> statement was incorrect.

I never thought you were. I was just lamenting the Murphyesque nature
of humanity. If folks can ring Middleton's to Lincolnshire, they can
misunderstand what I had the first time, I suppose. I hope what I've
changed it to on the web site is unambiguous and causes no confusion.

And again, thanks for pointing it out. I'm glad to have it improved.

"Our final experience, like our first, is conjectural."
                       -- E. M. Forster, _Aspects of the Novel_