[r-t] Auryn

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 08:55:22 UTC 2012

On 6 December 2012 13:15, Robin Woolley <robin at robinw.org.uk> wrote:

> The parity sequence in the 5-6 up section is --++. In a symmetric 5-6
> section with an ordinary double change half-lead, the 5-6 down section would
> have parity sequence ++--. In Auryn, the sequence is +--+ and it is this
> that causes an 'acceptable' parity sequence in the 3-4 down section. If the
> 5-6 sections were symmetric, the 3-4 down parity sequence would be -+-+ and
> all treble-in-3rds would be -ve.

I think that this analysis can be taken much much further and be
applied to any TB method with this 3-4 section structure.
With no bell striking more than 2 blows in the same place,
Suppose that we consider the distribution of + and - rows.Following
the path of the treble through the lead block, I believe that we will
find two basic options for the structure of the whole lead block:
1:
1-2 pos pos neg neg
3-4 neg pos neg pos
5-6 either pos neg neg pos pos pos neg neg   or pos pos neg neg neg pos pos neg
3-4 neg pos neg pos
1-2 pos neg neg pos

2:
1-2 pos neg neg pos
3-4 pos neg pos neg
5-6 either neg pos pos neg neg neg pos pos  or neg neg pos pos pos neg neg pos
3-4 pos neg pos neg
1-2 neg neg pos pos.

Eddie