[r-t] New Alan Reading Composition

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 13:58:34 UTC 2012

MBD wrote:

> Attractive though it is, you can't simply compare the quality of
> compositions based on a single number.

I agree with this. Even if you have multiple measures, it is difficult to
come up with satisfactory weightings to consolidate them into a single
score.

Incidentally the counts I have for Alan's composition are:-

56s & 65s						69
Combination roll-ups (crus)		84
4 bell runs					480
5 bell runs					96
6 bell runs					22
7 bell runs					4
Wraps							6
Combination near misses			12
5678 combinations				580
Named Rows						11
Combinations from named rows		64
Undesirables					0

Where relevant all counts are back + front and don't include the middle of
the row. Notably this composition includes 14 6578s off the front and 7 at
the back in addition to the cyclic music.

Graham