[r-t] New Alan Reading Composition

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Dec 14 15:17:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:
> Named Rows                                              11

Which named rows do you include besides queens, kings, Whittingtons,
tittums and back rounds?

> Combination near misses                 12
> Combinations from named rows            64
> Undesirables                                    0

What are "combination near misses," "combinations from named rows" and
"undesirables"?

"After all these years I have observed that beauty, like happiness,
is frequent. A day does not pass when we are not, for an instant,
in paradise."
        -- Jorge Luis Borges, _Los Conjurados_, tr Willis Barnstone