[r-t] ringing-theory Digest, Vol 89, Issue 9

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Thu Feb 9 12:33:22 UTC 2012

Hi All

Don wrote "I presume you really mean "Plain Bob lead heads AND lead ends"?
You can't have one without the other.

As regards the Ashtead variation - no I would not think of it as regular..

Thinking about this in terms of the CUP 'usual' definition - non-2nds or
nths lead-heads in even bell ringing is not usual.

Without looking at it further, the 4ths place variation must have a
different lead-end from the 6ths place one which is not a property *I*
associate with regularity.

At least, the people I generally ring with are always a little happier if I
say the new method I want them to learn is regular.

Best wishes
Robin