[r-t] Hubbard

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:58:35 UTC 2012

On 15 June 2012 08:11, Robin Woolley <robin at robinw.org.uk> wrote:

> At *first* thought, it should be that any reversal of a comp. for group 'p'
> methods should be true to group 'q' - but first thoughts can often be wrong!
> The two Hubbard single-less peals are reversals as I remarked before.

Hello
    Any touch or peal comp of a Triples method whose lead block is
symmetric in structure about the path of the Treble can be reversed.
There are only two lead sequences available in methods of this type:
Those with 1352746 as the first lead of the plain course (eg Plain
Bob) and those with 1426375	(eg St. Simons)
To reverse the comp simply read the handstroke leads of the treble in
reverse and plain or bob the leads accordingly.

For example here is part one of Henry Hubbard’s 5 part peal
(NB Ifrom c.o. 53246 I denote 'W' as being for where a bob would give
32546 and 'M' from 53246 would give 53462)

Plain Bob
23456
52436  W     3H
56324  W Out 3H