[r-t] Minor

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sun Sep 2 19:57:05 UTC 2012

On Sunday, September 2, 2012 <x-apple-data-detectors://0>, Basil Potts

> wrote:
> @gmail.com>
> > I assume that each touch includes all 720 changes on 6 bells, plus
> > another 539 repeated changes.

Correct.

>One of these may be rounds(!)

No, not in the sense i suspect you mean. Rounds occurs only at the
beginning and end of the touch. While you can't (with normal calls) get a
sub-extent length, true touch of symmetric, plain minor round at hand, the
whole reason you can get a "true" quarter of it round at hand is that it
gives you the opportunity to omit rounds in the interior of the calling.

"After all these years I have observed that beauty, like happiness,
is frequent. A day does not pass when we are not, for an instant,
in paradise."
        -- Jorge Luis Borges, _Los Conjurados_, tr Willis Barnstone