[r-t] Minor

Alan Foster alan.c.foster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 17:30:33 UTC 2012

Rob Weatherby:-
>Hi Guys,
>Could someone please explain this in beginners terms for me. I just don't understand the format.Can you help me out by explaining >this in relation to the lead ends as pbs etc....
>
>1,259 Plain Bob MinorDonald F Morrison (no. 2298)2345  W     H
>3245  3*    3
>4235  3*    -
>3425  6     -
>4523    In
>3254  6 4ths
>Round at the treble's handstroke
>lead two leads after the final bob.
>3* = s - -
>6 = s - - s - -

Folks,

This is my attempt to enter this composition into Peal Prover:-

!    DFM 2298
!
method_name = { Plain Bob Minor }
continue_after_rounds

sc1 = [s p p p p]                 ! Single Wrong
sc2 = [b p p p p]                 ! Bob Wrong
sc3 = [b p p p b]                 ! Bob Wrong & Bob Home
sc4 = [p p p p b]                 ! Bob Home
sc5 = [p p p b p p]              ! Bob In
sc6 = [p b p]                      ! Bob 4ths (make)

cs1 = [sc1 sc2 sc3 sc4 sc4 ce]                    ! 3*W 3H
cs2 = [sc1 sc2 sc3 ce]                                ! 3*W   H
cs3 = [sc1 sc2 sc2 sc1 sc2 sc3 ce]             ! 6W    H
cs4 = [sc5 ce]                                            ! In
cs5 = [sc1 sc2 sc2 sc1 sc2 sc2 sc6 ce]      ! 6W 4ths

composition = {cs1 cs2 cs3 cs4 cs5 p}

Would some kind soul with experience in Peal Prover, gently, point out
where this is wrong.  I get a 1319 with 48 repeated changes instead of
a 1259.

The comments have been inserted after copying to this e-mail.

Alan.