[r-t] Method Generator

Stephen Beckingham bex280 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 20:48:12 UTC 2015

> From: holroyd at math.ubc.ca
> Based on the above and vague intuition, I would guess the total number is
> between a billion and a trillion.

I have to confess I didn't really understand the maths behind this. I was expecting a result of maybe a few billion, but didn't really have anything to base this on.
> But I agree with Mark - why would you want this?

Good question. A few months ago I ran a search using smc32, on approx 3.5 million methods, to find the "most musical" for a length of 1280. I'm looking to expand this to include more methods, but obviously as the restrictions are lifted the number of methods increases dramatically. I don't intend putting trillions, or even billions, of methods through the process - I guess I just need to be a bit more picky about which methods I choose.
Anyway, thanks for the responses.
SJB