[r-t] Method extension

Iain Anderson iain at 13to8.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 10:30:56 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-27 11:17, Philip Earis wrote:
> By all means people can (and should) publish one or more advisory
> applets that can be used to generate "extensions" (and I think Tony
> Cox's overall approach is attractive), but there is no reason these
> need to be mandatorily enforced or included in any Decisions. Simply
> let bands decide instead.

I'd be keen to get a feel for how useful the rules of extension are.
How many times have they been invoked in the last decade?
There have been about 50,000 peals.  How many of them contain a new
method whose name has been derived from the same method at a lower stage?

I'm betting that it's less than 10.

IJA