[r-t] Results of Poll on Consecutive Blows in the Same Position

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Mon Jan 5 13:55:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 5:55 AM, John Harrison <john at jaharrison.me.uk> wrote:
> Even given the spread of views on these matters (vide the first sentence)
> the second sentence seems bizarre.  How could you describe a course of
> Plain Bob Triples as 'call changes' when there is a (non-null) change at
> every row and not a word is uttered?

I suppose it is all a matter of taste, but I, too, find it a surprising
line of thinking: I'd think single changes would give more of a feeling
of call changes than does a long place by one bell.

"The fate of poetry is to fall in love with the world, in
spite of History."   -- Derek Walcott, _The Antilles_