[r-t] Terms of truth

John Harrison john at jaharrison.me.uk
Sun Jul 19 09:27:05 UTC 2015

In article <001d01d0c1fb$9293b490$b7bb1db0$@changeringing.co.uk>,
   Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:

> I have always felt that "extent" is the wrong word to use for the
> maximum length possible in a method ...  The definition of extent I
> prefer is the complete set of distinct Rows possible at a particular
> Stage.

I agree.  So do the Decisions.

The Diary used to disagree but no longer does.  In 1989 ODG reps were asked
to defend an ODG peal of Little Bob Minor that was recommended to be
disallowed.  In my first ever contribution to a debate I quoted the then
dairy (which said it was a CC Publication, ie before it became the Ringing
World diary) which said: 'The extent of this method is 480 changes'.  The
meeting was unconvinced!

--
John Harrison
Website http://jaharrison.me.uk