[r-t] Inveraray

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Tue Sep 15 09:02:10 UTC 2015

“I have added the composition to the peal and it is copied below...”

Thanks Alan. Good stuff.

“Aray and Fyne are kind of quasi A-group and F-group respectively (3rds and 4ths place bells are swapped)  - this is to allow the natural pairs (for run production) to cross at the half lead despite not being in the plain course”

This is a nice trick.  David Pipe used the same approach with the methods Austerlitz and Flodden in this cyclic royal composition we rang in 2008: http://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/view.php?id=905127

There may be earlier example(s)...I vaguely recall discussing with Mr Pipe and Mr Hull at some point, both of whom have employed this approach, and one of whom was claiming priority...I can’t remember which though.  I’m sure there will be a shout if someone feels aggrieved!

(Indeed, talking of spliced royal comps I hope DGH will at some point publish the glide symmetric composition he produced a few years ago, and for which I think there has only so far been an unsuccessful attempt)