[r-t] Jump change methods

Hayden Charles hcharles at grandsire.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 11:15:27 UTC 2016

Glenn Taylor wrote on 05/04/2016 11:54:

> I know that the UBSCR CC rep argued the case
> (unsuccessfully) for its recognition at the following CC meeting. Mary
> Bliss, perhaps?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Glenn

It was Angela Newing.

 From the CC AGM minutes, Southampton 1980:

'Peals Analysis (R.W. 25 July 1980)

'Adopted on the proposition of Mr. F. B. Lufkin, seconded by Mr. C. H.
Rogers, after a proposal by Mrs. A. Newing on behalf of the Bristol
University Society that a 5040 of Treble Jump Minor be recognised had
failed to obtain a seconder, and a proposal by Mr. D. Hird, seconded by
Mr. R. B. Smith, that ‘a peal on 12 bells’ at Nottingham on 13 August
1980 be recognised, had been defeated.

'Mr. F. M. Mitchell, seconded by Mr. B. L. Burrows, proposed that a peal
of Cambridge Surprise Minor rung at Strensham in 1977 and rejected by
the Council in 1979 on the recommendation of the Peals Analysis
Committee, should be referred back with an instruction to the committee
either to accept it or to propose a change of Rule. The proposition was
defeated.'

Hayden Charles