[r-t] Handstroke-home Cyclic Maximus

Alan Reading alan.reading at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 18 14:41:34 UTC 2016

Matt writes,

are you just suggesting that a lot of advanced
> higher-numbers ringers are sufficiently narrow-minded to turn their
> noses up at Grandsire Max?

Not exactly. I've included Plain Bob in a cyclic peal myself:
http://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/comp.php?id=1976426 because it worked well and
for some of the reasons described. It also makes an appearance in Pipe's
particles.
I would argue that Grandsire Max is a bit more messy than Plain Bob though
with having 4 blows behind. And probably a bit more difficult to ring too.

Cheers,
Alan