[r-t] Tenors together spliced maximus

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue May 31 03:11:49 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Jack Gunning <jack.gunning at mac.com> wrote:
> In my view, methods that are worth ringing in single method peals, have:
> - run music off the front and the back in the plain course; and
> - run music off the front or the back in each lead of the plain course
>
> So of the commonly rung methods:
> Qualify: Bristol, Zanussi, Yorkshire
> Don’t qualify: Cambridge, Orion, Rigel, Avon, Strathclyde, Deimos,
Phobos, Ariel

If I understand your criteria, do not some currently unfashionable methods,
such as Barford, Painswick, Rochester, and even Newgate and Pudsey,
qualify? Or have I misunderstood and you require longer or more frequent
runs?

"The ancestry of words is distinctive among areas of human
curiosity, because it is marked by (1) an astonishing amount
of knowledge, and (2) an astonishing amount of codswallop."
       -- Steven Pinker, _The Stuff of Thought_