[r-t] Single-lead methods

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 18:13:09 UTC 2017

On 21 April 2017 at 00:45, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:

> If you were very familiar with MUG Minor and used to ringing it, the
> single-lead version would look like the same kind of method, i.e. a
> principle, and you'd probably have just as strong feelings about it as a
> Surprise ringer does looking at single-lead Bristol.

Well, I devised MUG Minor, and I don't have strong feelings about it
being converted to a single lead method at all, particularly as I
can't see any purpose in ringing it. Does it really matter that much
if it were classified as MUG Little Treble Bob Minor as would be the
case if it wasn't classed as a Block? Note that this is another case
where the principle hunt does not go down to the front.

Graham