[r-t] Quarters of Spliced Major

Roddy Horton roddy at horton.karoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 12:17:31 UTC 2017

Richard Smith wrote :--
>Thanks.  Potentially useful, but as you suggest a little simple for this particular requirement.  There is a similar
>1568 with slightly bizarre part ends in the diary attributed to you and Hull: BFFBLLG/ = 5786342.  Possibly those part ends have some charm, but at present it eludes me.

I have no idea where this submission came from and I have not worked with Mr Hull on it. My original peal composition did start life as a seven part BFBFLLG/ but over the years that it got extended into peal length it lost a lot of its ancestry!

We also rang this one a few years ago  but it is only the standard 8.

1792 Spliced Surprise Major (8 methods)
  12345678 Bristol
  --------
  14263857 Superlative