[r-t] Methods Committee proposed proposed changes

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Mar 16 23:36:09 UTC 2017

While Tim Barnes has posted this to the RT-Rules subgroup, I think this
merits wider dissemination, as I suspect many who haven't been interested
in the detailed discussions may still be interested in this. The Methods
Committee has now posted on the CCCBR web site a precis of some changes it
expects to propose at this year's Central Council meeting, as well as its
plans for the following year. It is at

https://cccbr.org.uk/services/methods/2017-consultation/

though it may be better to go to

https://cccbr.org.uk/services/methods/

as that provides a little more context.

I urge everyone who's interested to read and comment on it.

For whatever it's worth, appended below is the message I sent to the
committee expressing my own views. In summary they are that (a) the few
things proposed to be proposed are probably fine and worthy of support,
though it is difficult to say for certainty as they have not actually
presented concrete proposals; and (b) that they, and especially the plans
for next year, don't go nearly far enough.