[r-t] Blocks

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Sun Jul 27 16:19:09 UTC 2014

Hi All

Chris Adams says "Have fun, but don't screw up what 95% of ringers know
and love. "

This is nonsense. I would suggest 99% is a more realistic figure here.
We must remember that the Particles peal, which started this, has been
rung by less that 0.1% of ringers. b.t.w, it seems that these methods
remain unnamed officially, as the peals predate the Decision change.

b.t.w., who objects to recording New Grandsire as the 'New' variation of
Grandsire in a performance? You can put New Grandsire in your records
and a peal board as necessary.

Talking of which, I saw a peal board the other day recording 97m/v. The
'problem' for our point of view is that this was a peal of Minimus - but
the board is still there >45 years later.

Best wishes
Robin