[Bell Historians] St. Barnabas Pimlico

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at C-XOzJ1zLkzB5u7SHjud1Hk6tuyOwiyTR1LcMnPNfyhDMj5qjbB0eOk6bCUB9dIwAlwH0wDhNy2YRqCqc-j2WUFdjklx.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 28 11:55:07 GMT 2007

Alan says "The report on the bells says that, judging by the indentations on the bells, they have had very little use"

The Felstead database records ten peals on the bells between 1851 and 1902 - not a lot, but indicative of more than "very little use"

Regarding St.Peter's Eaton Square, I think the G&J bell is probably still there - but if anyone fancies visiting I'd be keen to know for sure what's up there. I visited the church about 5 years ago, and there's a swing chiming rope. The verger would have let me up the tower, but neither of us quite had the time there and then - and I never got round to paying another visit.

CJP