[Bell Historians] CCCBR and English Heritage

John H Allen john at U4P1sqDs7quK90WEb0ZMpweTL5tyrOk3hPLXBjFVkgQFkQ9dKjqD5BZzLBbm8uCblmpgc-JJAKrIiBU7.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 8 22:08:22 BST 2009

Chris,

Very interesting if the Chancellor granted the Faculty on the basis that the
old frame was to be on permanent display in the churchyard! I would assume
that no Faculty was obtained for its removal.

My view is that the Church is scared that  the Ecclesiastical Exemption may
be withdrawn - it has been threatened many times - that they will not take a
tough line with EH and others. This all goes back to the decision of the
General Synod to grab money offered as State Aid for Churches in the late
1970s. Many of us at the time were concerned about the small print and
events have proved that our fears were justified.

John

  _____