[Bell Historians] Useless Information..........

matthewhigby at Viv0dwsuck-Yq_4wGhhBvrwLBXDi1GWyDt7Dq8HXV3o-HdY7vmJvs8cMwFztTeO9sGaaUmc716cFKA.yahoo.invalid matthewhigby at Viv0dwsuck-Yq_4wGhhBvrwLBXDi1GWyDt7Dq8HXV3o-HdY7vmJvs8cMwFztTeO9sGaaUmc716cFKA.yahoo.invalid
Tue Nov 16 09:56:36 GMT 2010

Re broken stays on big bells, didn't someone - I could name her, but it would be kindest not to! - break the stay on the 11th at Liverpool? There was a Durham University connection again, as I recall.

I was there (albeit as a small boy at the time). It wasn't the said girls fault in the slightest, but the person who assisted her to pull the bell off! He also gave a massive pull and the girl had no hope of stopping it at backstroke. From memory, se was quite badly hurt, as she fell into the pit. I still have a splinter of the stay stuck in my scrap book! It was a UA tour, probably around 1980.

Matthew