[Bell Historians] Useless Information..........

Andrew andrew at 7iQqlHlMWt8iK0VppVc-I3s7Ne4mLHuiEXPueKiyH_jZdAx2U0gxKAUBkw6vCIr9ZRxqsGYq7ws.yahoo.invalid
Tue Nov 16 13:31:47 GMT 2010

The old tower captain from Yeovil, Tom Setter broke St paul's cathedral
Tenor stay and both his ankles at the same time!

Wilfred Williams had probably done a dodgy deal with him in exchange for
a peal at Yeovil I suspect.
Tom did ring St Paul's tenor to a peal...

> 1958
> on SATURDAY 25TH JANUARY
> TO CELEBRATE THE PATRONAL FESTIVAL A PEAL OF 5019 STEDMAN CINQUES WAS
> RUNG IN 3 HOURS AND 53 MINUTES BY THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS OF THE ANCIENT
> SOCIETY OF COLLEGE YOUTHS
> BROOKE K LUNN 	Treble 		JAMES PHILLIPS 	7
> J FRANK SMALLWOOD 	2 		JACK A WAUGH 	8
> FRANK W PERRENS 	3 		JOHN H CRAMPION 	9
> FRANK E HAYNES 	4 		JOHN PHILLIPS 	10
> JOHN E CHILCOTT 	5 		PHILIP A F CHALK 	11
> GEORGE W CECIL 	6 		THOMAS J SETTER
> WILLIAM J RAWLINGS 	Tenor
> COMPOSED BY JOHN CARTER
> CONDUCTED BY J FRANK SMALLWOOD

It was either as a practice or subsequently when he turned up in London
once a year and just ascended the tenor box as of right without being
asked..... but he certainly sent it over and hung on.
He let go near the ceiling and fell down over the box.
Ouch!

Andrew