[Bell Historians] Useless Information..........

John Camp camp at su4fOh4b6bVF0Uc9ZXvhZump0MfsLmhnX2diYC1SxvVu5VrkMpudshRlKFBQwkVD7ZAJoSNUnEPYpoxpO0A-.yahoo.invalid
Tue Nov 16 14:22:36 GMT 2010

At 13:31 on 16 November 2010, Andrew wrote:
> The old tower captain from Yeovil, Tom Setter broke St paul's
> cathedral Tenor stay and both his ankles at the same time!

Presumably he broke his ankles a short while after breaking the stay.

The most terrifying event I recall at St Paul's was when the tenor rope
broke below the sally at a practice.  It whipped and flailed around the
ringing chamber.  Eventually, someone (I think it was Michael Moreton)
got hold of the rope and eventually got the bell down.  Brave man!
Everyone else was terrified.  No doubt there are others on this list who
remember the occasion.  Can anyone say more or less when it was?
Probably in the 60s.

John Camp