[Bell Historians] Re: Whaley Bridge Community of the King of Love Whaley Hall Derbyshire

David Sloman david at IqPXYedezEYpQwO0D3Yj9XNqLxRQE-8RC3Fh9zqfG62hiONtXAvIYs44O_EDkdTwi7zAAipBw85f1f_TgtTRwVDtifu-Zbpu.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jul 16 10:37:16 BST 2012

The JCW bell is 1890 36.125 inches ex Clydebank Hamilton Memorial Church Strathclyde apparently which (diameter slightly different) tallies with a bell in the JCW Catalogue.

The Community purchased a small medieval blank bell on ebay that was possibly a sanctus bell from Saffron Walden, the Community outbid the Saffron Walden ringers!

But rumour has it that there are another 11 bells there, this of course may be exaggerated.

DS

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Pickford
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 10:09 AM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Whaley Bridge Community of the King of Love Whaley Hall Derbyshire

  I could probably identify the Glasgow bell from the Gorbals Foundry
  records with some further information, but I'd need a diameter - and,
  ideally, details of the inscription.

  It seems to me that someone needs to go and look at this installation
  and obtain proper details. Otherwise further discussion can only be
  speculative

  --
  Chris Pickford
  E-mail: c.j.pickford at o_RijqK_RJ2iGvFRCaN6YA_AU3FjqT2AVSv9CfzoUMuHR89RSEYMma4wa8QMZL7dyuxu1j5JyDH7rGlInkRT.yahoo.invalid or (interchangeably)