[Bell Historians] Re: Olympic bell

fartwell2000 alanjbirney at OacH6SgFmeEyoLQy5awqiMit2besUXZzHmJHfj_A3ncad9DRUiPxy19va-rN5MZTvrMMS3kBrIkKVIUKpf3_Y_fk.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jul 25 19:57:21 BST 2012

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Dickon Love <dickon at ...> wrote:

> GAD:
> > What saddens me is the lack of potential collaboration between the two English foundries to produce an English cast bell.
> >

> That's interesting. Are you suggesting Whitechapel could have subcontracted the pouring of the bell to Taylors? And that this could have been the cheapest option?
>
> DrL

I bey at the end of the day, there wouldn't have been much difference in the costings after transportation from Holland and all the other bits and pieces connected with buying from Holland have been taken into account.

Alan