[Bell Historians] Re: Olympic bell

fartwell2000 alanjbirney at TLsyZ1FYCbRJel8czJO-cEUb8pnWsBUguqGmfVLNLz8ZzvwCRRPhrEw8GN3n_7UqShA17s225PmTJXmdAj1wReX5Rw.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jul 26 04:58:09 BST 2012

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Richard Offen <richard.offen at ...> wrote:

> Sent from Richard Offen's iPad
>

> There is also the question of risk.
>
> Whilst JT&Co clearly have the furnace capacity, and I have no wish to question their skills as bell founders, but the heaviest bell they ever cast was over 100 years ago and the largest they have cast in the last 20 years wasn't even half the weight required.   Hardly a reassuring set of circumstances.

But that does not mean to say they can not do it. And yes, you are questioning the skills of JT&Co but indirectly in the paragraph that you wrote above: "Hardly a reassuring set of circumstances".

Alan